OIT Confluence will begin enforcing DUO multi-factor authentication for those users who are enrolled in DUO starting on July 15, 2019 after 5:00pm.
See https://wiki.oit.uci.edu/x/-QRnVg for more details.
Reported by: Tom DeLuca, RGB Projects
- Demonstrated Mock ups of EROS UI screens
- Refined functional and technical specifications for EROS UI
- Initiated Solution Design Document
- Developing EROS UI screens
- Researching redaction capabilities and developing a strategy
- Refining and detailing Solution Design
- Demonstrate EROS UI Screens – checkpoint
- Schedule site visit to LADWP for IER demonstration
- Schedule and conduct next Design meeting
For the past couple of weeks I have been deeply involved in helping resolve a crisis at another site, and have made only incremental progress on the solution design and implementation plan. I've put 3 hours into the project since October 2. The crisis has been largely resolved, and I anticipate we'll make more rapid progress from this point forward. Dan has made a lot of progress in developing the EROS UI, and we would like to demonstrate what we have so far some time this week.
RGB Projects Inc.
If a user reports that they are locked out of DEFT, here are the steps to resolve the issue:
1) If the user has tried 3 times unsuccessfully to answer their security question, they will see this screen:
Have them click the Unlock Account to begin the unlock process.
2) Next, have them click the Send Confirmation Number button. Within a few minutes, ask them to check their UCI email for a message from email@example.com with the subject line of Disbursement Electronic Fund Transfer System Security Question Reset Confirmation. In that email is an 8-digit confirmation number that they will need to use in the next step.
3) Next, instruct the user to fill out the online form where they can (optionally) choose a new security question and a new answer (they enter the answer twice). Then, in the ID Number field they will need to enter their 9-digit UCI Employee ID number (or their 8-digit UCI Student ID number if they don't have an Employee ID number). Finally, ask them to copy the confirmation code from the email they received into the Confirmation Number field and then click Submit.
NOTE: If after about 5 minutes they still have not received the email with the confirmation number, ask them to check their Junk or Spam folders and to double-check that there aren't any email filters in place that may have moved the message out of the inbox (most of the time this is the case). If after a thorough search they still haven't found the email, have them click the Resend Confirmation Number email again. As it says on the screen, the confirmation number is only valid until midnight.
4) Finally, they will receive a confirmation screen letting them know that they were successful. Have them click the Go to Security Question button to be taken back to the DEFT login screen.